Wednesday 17 October 2012

don't go yet


In Summer 2008, a mix up with rail tickets brought me to London on an unplanned visit. It was a lovely, sunny day and at the height of 'sales'. London's Oxford circus was crowded and all seemed well.

Having found what I considered the best bargain in a long time - a 50 GBP 'designer' hoodie for 14.99 - I queued to pay for it. Then suddenly, I felt I had to leave that shop and head for the cemetery in Surrey where my dad is buried.

My dad died suddenly in 1988. Although his health was failing, it was a complete shock to my family. By that time, I was speaking to dad on the phone every other day. He and I successfully bridged the 240 km geographical gap between us.

Picking up flowers en route, I went to dad's grave. Having tended it for around 40 minutes, I placed them on it. I was about to leave, when an overwhelming thought came flooding into my head. It simply said:"don't go yet." I sat on a bench nearby, in the warm sunshine; checked my text and phone messages. I wasn't thinking of anything in particular. About an hour later, I stood up to leave. The thought was no longer there.

Friends and others I know have offered explanations. Maybe it was a supernatural experience; some sort of warning; something to get me away from Oxford st...? I keep an open mind. Robert Lanza MD, has a theory that we don't actually die; just our body does. Our energy simply 'slips' into a parallel existence. So from there, is it possible we can selectively communicate?

More at robertlanza.com


No comments: